TGIF! Before we go into the good stuff, please indulge me on a quick author’s note.
When I woke up today I felt so empowered, so inspired, so alive that I just wanted to share all the good vibes to as many people as I can. I immediately scoured my Tumblr and looked for a few quotes that have helped shaped my perspective about life. They hold a special place in my heart because I always look back to them whenever I need a dash of inspiration, or anything to cheer me up, or a wake-up call, or just something to help me keep moving forward.
So here they are! The thirteen quotes that have empowered and inspired me, and I hope they’ll do the same for you! :)
- On gratitude. If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want. —Oscar Wilde
- On expanding your horizons. Move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Walk in someone else’s shoes or at least eat their food. Open your mind, get off the couch, move. —Anthony Bourdain
- On moving on. Sometimes you end up never speaking to someone who meant the world to you again. And that’s okay. You cope and you survive. Don’t let your losses keep you back from new gains. (via imtiredofbeingsosad)
- On happiness. There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path. —Buddha
- On life as an endless adventure. Maybe it won’t work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever. (via your-daisyfreshgirl)
- On getting what you want. There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself. —Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid
- On standing up for yourself. Be soft, kind and loving. But also take nobody’s shit. (via travel-as-a-happy-hippie)
- On the power of your thoughts. A negative mind will never give you a positive life. (via oh-good-life)
- On being yourself. I like my hair messy. My love wild. And my sex aggressive. But I’m still a sensitive woman, just with passion. —Sade Harrison
- On loving yourself. Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructible. (via infl4ted)
- On how change is really a good thing. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong. —Mandy Hale
- On relationships. Notice the people who are happy for your happiness, and sad for your sadness. They’re the ones who deserve special places in your heart. (via moeyhashy)
- On empowering yourself. Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you. ―George R.R. Martin, A Song of Ice and Fire